Legacy of Brutality
Durn’s House Rules
- CHARACTER BUILDING
- a. Note: Rituals are magics not meant for combat and as such are easily thwarted. Damage taken while casting necessitate skill checks, usually DC 10+ritual level+damage. Some rituals, such as Potion Brewing and Item Enchanting, are a priori unusable in stressful environments.
- b. It is a good idea for players using Rituals to keep a page with their ritual details handy during play.
- a. Trip: Melee -2 vs Reflex; target is knocked prone.
- b. Disarm: Melee -4 vs Fortitude or Reflex(whichever is higher); target is Weakened (save ends).
- c. Sunder: Melee -2 vs Fortitude; target is -1 AC. Penalties stack and continue until the damaged armor or shield is repaired.
- TABLE MANNERS
- Character and or game play drawings are worth 100xp.
- Story write-ups shared with the group are also worth 100xp.
Dungeon Master’s guide to Brutal 4E:
(This makes for faster, scarier combat.)
1. Reduce monster hp by 1/3.
2. Increase monster damage by one die (ie d8 replaces d6) or +1/2 level.
“Knight’s Tales ":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYnvIA2Sw3s
Trappings of the Joust:
o Lance (One-handed melee military; +2 proficiency; 1d10 dmg; Properties: Reach; High Crit)
o Heavy armor, Shield, Warhorse. (Only special jousting lances may be used in competition, no magical ones. Magic Armor is acceptable.)
o Mounted Combat is not essential but usually grants +5 damage.
Three Passes: A knight wins by breaking more lances than his opponent, or by unhorsing his opponent. If there is no winner after 3 passes it is a draw, unless a knight challenges for a duel (this is rarely done in public competition unless there is a grudge involved). A challenge may be made on the spot. It is honorable to accept a draw. It is not honorable to refuse a challenge. It is not honorable for a loser to challenge to a duel.
1. Equal Initiative
2. Both riders Move at full speed toward each other (both riders may take a minor action).
3. Both riders Charge: Basic Melee attack ( damage dealt to stay mounted.
5. Critical hits and strikes of more than 10 hp break the lance.
6. If both riders fall, melee weapons are provided and the duel is finished on foot.
• Minor: Crouch defensively (–2 to hit / +2 AC / +2 Athletics); make a Standard Action.
• Minor: Reach forward (win Initiative/ -2 AC/ -2 Athletics); make a Standard Action.
• Minor: Target the head (–3 to hit = Max damage); make a Standard Action (Some consider it dishonorable to use this tactic).
• Power that allows charging (ex. Cometfall Charge, Glorious Charge)
• 3 Rounds. Best of three strikes, or first blood.
Dishonorable Acts (Causing Forfeit of the Joust)
• Striking the horse.
• Obvious use of magic.
• Using a lance of war.
• Charging too late or too early.